Advice for after my CIPD Level 5

Evening everyone,

I am currently studying for my CIPD L5 (almost finished the 2nd of 6 units, due to complete in December) 

In my current job role, I don't work within HR,  so I am using the qualification as a way of changing my career path later this year. However, just by looking at job specifications and different roles, I seem to fit a lot of the skills and behaviours, but my lack of experience within the HR sector is holding me back.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can give myself a better opportunity to apply for jobs when I don't have the experience, or is it a matter of trying to sell my interchangeable skills, along with the CIPD L5, University experience etc?

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi Paul

Are you prepared to take on what might be deemed a more 'junior' role where some of your transferable skills might come in to play but your status and salary might be different to what you are on currently? That is probably where I would say that you might have the most chance at this stage. Though dont rule out applying for mid level roles, some companies want to develop people so you might get lucky there