Level 3 to Level 7

Hi 

Im struggling with deciding what to do next career wise. I have been in my first HR job for almost a year as an HR Assistant, in June I will finish my CIPD Level 3 and my manager is pushing into going straight to level 7. Currently we have no HR Advisor in our team and she wants to me step which i would love to do but i am struggling with the thought of all that responsibility and not much experience. 

So I am wondering what your thoughts are on the difference between Level 3 and Level 7?

Would i struggle not having much advisory experience?

Would i be better off doing level 5?

Thanks 

Emma 

• In reply to Samantha:

Hi Samantha, thank you for your response. I feel much better after talking to my tutor and totally agree with you after doing some research. We currently dont have an advisor so im finding myself stepping up alot so im hoping i will have been exposed to enough problems but September to help me through.
  • To add to what others have responded I have completed Levels 3,4 (NVQ no longer recognised) and 5.
    As my colleagues with less HR experience were studying Level 7 and having around 20 years HR experience as well as previous CIPD qualifications I was initially looking at doing Level 7 to stretch myself. However as I was doing mixed mode workplace learning even with all the opportunities a large Council could offer, it just wouldn't expose me to the Manager/Director experience I would need to successfully complete it. Therefore in the end I completed Level 5 which was still enough of a stretch even with my experience (HR Advisor level) and having degree level qualifications.
    There isn't necessarily a right or wrong answer have others have said but from my own experience I would say Level 5.
  • In reply to Clare:

I am nearing the end of my Level 5 at college. I must admit it has been trying especially with teenage children and a full time job. I have now passed 7 of the assignments with Employment Law the last!