CIPD L7 Advanced Diploma

Hi,

I am looking for some advice as I have had conflicting information.

I am studying my L7 through ICS. When I signed up they said it was really flexible and that I could add on existing time to complete it, there would just be a cost associated with that which was reasonable. This was really important to me as when I signed up I knew that I would need longer than the standard times due to my circumstances.

ICS have now told me that I may not be able to extend the time period as the CIPD framework is being revised next year but they can't tell me until closer to the time of needing to extend the support period. 

I am going to get my head down and complete as much as I can before then however I know I may be a module or two off.

I have seen that some learning providers do individual CIPD modules.

Am I right in thinking that I can just top up the modules and credits I need with any other provider or will I lose the modules I have already completed and have to start again?

If I can take the credits with me, is the maximum timeframe that you have to complete a CIPD qualification in?

Thank you.

Clare

• Hi Clare

I am also doing the level 7 Diploma through ICS and it has been a challenge to say the least!

I spoke to them about getting part-qualification certification which they said they can't do without cancelling my diploma and giving me the Certificate (which covers 4 modules) and then awards for the other modules I have done. I could then go back at a later date to finish off the remaining modules to achieve the Diploma if I wanted so in answer to your question yes you can do that, although they told me it would work out a lot more expensive as they won't refund me for the difference in qualification and modules I didn't complete it and I would then have to repay for individual modules if I wanted to do them at a later date. So I'm currently trying to stick with it although its extremely stressful!

How are you getting on with it in general?

Sasha