On the Job Training for HR Students

Hello, I was wondering if there are any on-the-job training for students who have now completed their level 5 qualification, with no HR experiences and from a foreign country but also wanting to gain experience, grow and develop in the said field in London. Looking forward to some favorable responses and thanking you in advance. Regards, Anganie
  • Welcome to the communities

I am not aware of any such programs - it would be more a case of getting a role and building experience on the job
  • thank you Keith
  • I would guess what you might be describing could be an internship in HR? It may be worth contacting companies in the sector you're interested in, and asking them whether they offer (short or longer) internships, and how to apply?
  • In reply to Sarah:

Thank you Sarah. Great idea
  • In reply to Anganie:

Hi Anganie

Might be worth making contact with your local CIPD branch(es) with the aim of promulgating this to potential work experience providers

Anyhow, best wishes for finding something 

• In reply to David:

Thanks David, unfortunately where I reside there are no CIPD branch(es). It's quite unfortunate an difficult to have such qualification and not receive or acquire some type of actual on-the-job training or internship to gain some level of experience. So far, all the HR Jobs do require, for the least, 1-2 years experience. If noone hires unexperience persons how will we ever gain it.
  • In reply to Anganie:

How about provide support to a charity etc? Either pro-bono or as trustee? I work in the sector and most organisations need good people. I understand there's a need to earn but might be a first step to support job applications and evidence experience.