Level 7 certificate HRM pre-2021

Hi everyone,

I’ve been struggling to finish my Level 7 certificate in HRM. I’ve started it in 2019 but since then life has happened which forced me to put it aside until now, when I actually have some time in my hands to do it.

I’ve not done any of the units yet (I have 4 to do) but I’m yet not sure what’s the deadline to finish it and whether it’s realistic to jump on it now. I’m a bit lost, my learning centre hasn’t been useful to say the least and I feel a bit overwhelmed and not really sure about where to being. I can dedicate 20hs a week to it.

Any advice would be super welcomed!

Thanks Slight smile

• Hi Maria. I'm in a similar boat finishing off my pre-2021 qualification. Feel free to drop me a PM.
  • I would contact the CIPD directly, they will give you the information you require.
  • In reply to Alex:

Hi Alex, thanks, will do!
  • Hi Maria,
    I was in a similar situation to you and contacted my provider and originally asked for an extension but they said they couldn't assist because of the switch over in formats . they did say that some of the modules to commute in to the new qualification so i decided that i would just get started and try my best to get as much done as possible and if i have to pay to switch qualifications then that's just what i will have to do. I started the qualification during lockdown but my job got busier and i was home schooling the kids, my father in law became unwell and life changed and i found that i didn't have a great deal of spare time and when i did , i was exhausted. i am not looking for sympathy or trying to justify my situation as i know everyone has stuff going on but my message would be to think about the reasons you started it in the beginning and if they still count, then do as much as you can when you can and if you don't get it all done or are nearing your course end date and don't think you will get it all done , contact your provider and the CIPD and see what they can do to support . happy to connect and chat over if you would like, but good luck and be kind to yourself
  • Hi Maria - your study centre really should be able to advise you on this. If not the CIPD will be able to help. I am very happy to chat through if they are unable to help you - we have advised all our students of their options at various stages so am very happy to try and help you work out what's best in your particular cirumstance. DM me if that would help. All the best. Jackie :)
  • I'm in a similar situation as you as I originally signed up for the Level 7 Diploma in 2020 but have only completed 3 units so far due to various issues coming up. I spoke to my provider (ICS) and they've said to me that if I can finish 1 more unit they can process me for the Certificate and their cut-off for this is 31st March.
  • In reply to Emma:

Hey Emma, I hope you are well. I am currently in this same situation, which units are you needing help with? You can email me j.d2016@icloud.com if you need some help, I’m not amazing but May have done a unit you need to complete x