Foundation in People Practice - Organisations as whole systems

Hello All 

I desperately stuck, currently studying with ICS Learn and I stuck on Unit one on AC 2.2  Explain how organisations are whole systems, can any give me any pointers ?

Thank you all

Simon

• Hi Simon
    I was stuck on this too and I wonder if you're the same as me? I think I was reading the question wrong as I was getting hung up on a definition of whole systems. When I have just read it again, I think the question is telling us that a whole system is where structure, systems and culture are all inter-related. I plan on answering it along the lines of all the different departments need each other in order to be able to do their jobs and then how the things we do in HR aren't standalone and impact on the other departments. Don't know if I'm right or not but I've got to put something down as my assignment is due on Sunday!
    Let me know how you get on and good luck!
    Gail
  • In reply to Gail:

Hello Gail

Thank you for reply. I did more research on "systems theory" and used this to write around the indicative content. I think we are thinking along the same lines. I've discussed things such as recruitment and how HRs recruitment processes will have a ripple effect in other departments.Ive submitted , hopefully we will be ok, We will see though Wink