Best Way to get my CIPD Accreditation

Hi All,

I have been working in Learning & Development for 9 years and have yet to obtain my CIPD accreditation - for the past 6 I have been completing a Psychology Degree so that has been the priority.

This year I finally want to obtain CIPD status and am wondering what might be the best way to do so. I have looked into the Experienced Assessment route but my Employer may not be able to financially support this but could support an apprenticeship.

I'd like to broaden my HR knowledge so wonder whether a Level 5 apprenticeship in HR might be suitable, but am concerned I may not be able to provide the relevant evidence due to not working directly in a HR role.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel

• Hi Rachel - if you are interested in the Level 5 CIPD then take a look at the Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development which may fit well with your L&D experience. 4 of the units are the same as on the HR (ie People Management pathway) so if you study via a group approach (online or at a college) so that you are networking and collaborating with others whilst you study you will broaden your HR knowledge whilst you build on your L&D experience.