Return to HR and qualifications

Hello there! I worked in HR for many years until about 20 years ago. So clearly now very out of practice and a bit lost in my career. Currently working as a Finance Administrator but it’s really not me at all. I would love to get back into HR /recruitment admin.  I did level 3 Certificate in Personnel Practice back in 2002 and very willing to repeat to update my qualification.

I have ADHD and struggle with impulsively starting new qualifications without first researching properly, hence asking here.  I am part way through a psychology degree with the OU and have also started a level 4 Business Admin course (which I find quite inaccessible sadly).  So I need to get this right!

Please, would you recommend re-completing the CIPD level 3? I assume it wouldn’t be very appealing to a potential employer being that mine is 22 years old!

• Personally I wouldn't re-do a qualification to appeal to an employer - I dont think its likely to. You are L3 qualified and you cant be requalified at same thing :-)

The key to your reentry into the HR jobs market is probably getting some relevant up to date experience either in your current employer of in another employer. Thats what will propel you forward.

I would also try and stick at the L4 Business Admin course if you can

Good luck
  • In reply to Keith:

Thank you so very much for your help, it’s really appreciated. If you think the L4 bus admin will help then I’ll definitely try to persevere with this.

Thanks again!