ICS, AVADO or DPG

I want to start my Level 5 CIPD in People management and am wondering between these three providers. 

I think the AVADO offers more live and cohort style learning but does that mean you are restricted more to deadlines and when you can complete the course by?

ICS seems to have very mixed reviews and two different options of approach to completing the course

DPG seems to also have quite a few recommendations but I have heard can be slow with feedback.

I would like good communication with a tutor and support as a priority.

Any recommendations very much appreciated!

• Hi Holly, thank you for reaching out.

Whilst we would have to remain impartial, what I would say is: reviews are everything! Check Google, Trustpilot etc., as well as social media comments on learning providers and their channels - if learners have had a negative experience, they will often make this information available through a review.

Hope this helps - we look forward to welcoming you into the CIPD community!

- Rhys
  • Hi Holly, having experienced Avado I highly reccomend them they are more structured and you feel part of a learning cohort. however as you say, there are deadlines and it is quite intense. ICS from associates I’ve known undertake are more flexible and you can learn at your own pace. So it’s really what would suit you, discipline or flexibility?
  • In reply to Rhys:

I'm currently looking at providers as well as I am weighing up the merits of pursuing my Level 7. I have to say though that I'm not finding Trustpilot reviews to be particularly helpful as many of the reviews for all providers are largely about their "sales" customer service teams on initial enquiry/sign up rather than their service as an actual training provider and course delivery.

Given these providers are CIPD approved perhaps it would be more useful if the CIPD took a more hands on approach and sent out feedback requests to current/former students part way through and at end of studies that focuses on the course delivery and how good these providers are at actually providing the training and collate these reviews and add them to the section of the CIPD site where you can search for providers.