Partially completed CIPD L5 - should I try again?

Hi I have 2 confirmed completed modules of my CIPD L5 with ICS however dropped out due to financial and a family health scare a few years ago, please could I have some advice on the below: - I started my L5 with ICS, after previously completing my L3 in 2019 with them, however (in 2021) I found almost everything about them to be sub par (Inc feedback, lessons, site layout and general information given). What are your feedback on what they are like now? - What are your thoughts on ICS learn learning provider compared to AVADO/DPG - Recommended reading material for this course? I have a daughter who is nearly 2, work full time and have a husband/family that are supportive, however monthly disposable income and free time is limited therefore wouldn’t want to pay for something if it still hasn’t got the best feedback. At the moment ICS are looking like the cheapest option for me. Thanks G
  • Hi Grace. I'm currently with ICS. They are awful and I would avoid them at all costs. You might want to join the various L5 Facebook groups and search for 'ICS' in the groups and you will see that students consistently have the same issues with them. I would also advise looking at the 1 and 2 star Trustpilot reviews (ignore the 4 and 5 star reviews as these are only about the signing up process - ICS ask people to write a review when they sign up). In the various Facebook groups I'm in, people seem very positive about Avado but it's best to link in with students who are studying with them for info. Avado do price match so you could always ask them to price match ICS's price.
  • I have heard nothing good about ICS!
    I did my level 5 with Avado and whilst they had faults they delivered what they said they would and I got my qualification. I am currently looking for level 7 providers and I will probably stick with Avado as better the devil you know and all that.
  • Hi Grace - sorry to hear about your CIPD experience - make sure you are buying a support package that suits your needs rather than just going for the cheapest option - the added value of having the support there for you will pay off longer term. Happy to chat through if helpful please message me.
  • Hi Grace,

I'm in a similar position but I started with Avado in 2022 but stopped after passing the first too modules. I was struggling to meet the deadlines whilst trying to juggle being a full time working mum and studying. I also found the cohorts too big so there was far too much interruption in the live lessons and too much chatter to sift through on the chat boards.

I'm going to try HRC online, they have a free 2 week trial period and you can work at your own pace. I've also asked Avado to withdraw me from their course and then CIPD will issue certificates for the modules I have completed. I'm not sure yet if they will still be valid as they may have updated the course since then but I'm hoping I won't have to redo them!
  • Hi Grace I am studying mine with Acacia Learning and it has been brilliant , I had 15 months to pass and some providers only give a year, also the online sessions are live and are delivered at the weekends , or evenings or days which means you have that additional support of a real tutor as well as all the digital learning that the other providers give you .