5CO02 - Part 2 - Data and Analysis guidance

Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone had completed 5CO02? I can't get my head around task two, I feel the questions are really ambiguous and any guidance would be very appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

• Hey Ellie,

So, in AC 2.1, present the data from the brief as a graph - I think the easiest way is a bar chart, so one for feedback from employees and one for feedback from customers. Then you need to draw some conclusions from the data - so look at what the worst comments being made are, what are customers saying, has L&D helped at all, what worrying traits of the line manager are.

Themes could be the black-and-white truths of the data; patterns could be putting those truths together to reveal something; and trends could be talking about the results of those patterns. So like: the LM has received overwhelmingly negative feedback - the worst claim is that they could delegate or do not communicate, indicating a lack of trust in his subordinates - therefore, the low morale from that is going to affect customer order and satisfaction.

In AC 3.3, present small sections of the data as graphs. I did: 1) most concerning LM feedback (pie chart), 2) feedback about company products (bar chart), and 3) most concerning customer feedback (line chart).

In AC 3.2, talk about the two types of data systems - HRIS and LMS, and talk about what metrics they show and how that data could be used. I.E HR absence data might prompt a mental health check-in?

In AC 3.4, talk about the Impact and value of HR practices. Here is a good part to talk about the Kirkpatrick model, particular the 'results' level. You might want to mention cost-benefit analysis, ROI and ROE.

Regards,
    Alex.
  • Hi Alex, that is so useful. Thank you! I think I’ve now got a grasp on 2.1 and 3.3. I’m still uncertain on 3.2 and 3.4. Is it possible to elaborate at all? I really appreciate your help.
  • In reply to Ellie Smith:

Well, there's not much more I can say about AC 3.2. HR systems can be used to track absence, performance, remuneration, success planning and training progress. It can even be used for cost-per-hire calculations, time since promotion, billable hours and cost of HR per employee. The aim of this system is to produce data that can inform future practices, like cost-per-hire may cause a rethink in hiring methods from agencies to LinkedIn, or performance vs absence.

So with AC 3.4, look through the course materials and try to talk about both impact (short term and long term impact of HR practices) and value (economic and ethical). Impact can also be experienced directly (operational decisions) and indirectly (as by-products of practices). Then make reference to Kirkpatrick and other economic evaluation methods like Cost-benefit analysis, ROI or ROE.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

28 Sep, 2021 12:11

In reply to Alex:

Thanks for being so supportive, Alex.