demonstrate recruitment advice

Hi I have an interview for a secondment into HR within my current organisation as a Resource Adviser.  I have not worked in  HR team previously.  I have attended our recruitment and selection training some time ago and I have assisted my managers with the shortlisting process of some candidates some time ago and sat on an interview panel and have asked the candidate questions and recorded their response in written format.  Could you tell me how I can demonstrate providing recruitment advice in my interview question.  Thank you for your time.

• Michelle

Personally, I am not sure they will be looking for that. They know you are an internal candidate, and they know you don't have a recruitment or HR background. Therefore, its likely they will be looking for evidence that you have the aptitude and approach to do this role rather than the direct experience. I would look for good examples of where you have done similar things - advised others on a process, or administered something, or dealt with multiple priorities etc. Using these will be far more beneficial and demonstrate your real skills.

By all means read up on some recruitment info (and this website is as good as ant and better than most) but don't get hung up on what you can't demonstrate. Focus on what you have done - they choose you for an interview, so they want to know more about you, what you have done and what is transferable.