CIPD Level 7

Hi All,

I completed my L5 in 2020 and now looking to start level 7 - looking at online providers and wondered if anyone has any experience with DPG?

Reviews seem positive, but would be keen to know how anyone has found CIPD study with them?

thanks

• Hi Kate
    I completed my Level 5 Diploma in early 2020 100% online with DPG and I found the only issue was getting a quick response if we had any queries from the facilitators. Also, the assessors were meant to mark and return assignments in a maximum of 3 weeks which I thought was a long time and sometimes they went over this time and people had to chase up.

Their online virtual college was great and the e learning modules too.

If I ever sold a kidney to afford my Level 7, I would definitely consider DPG again.

Lisa
  • I used DPG for my Level 5 and had no issues. I'm now doing my Level 7 with them and honestly wish I'd gone with a different provider. The gear change between L5 & L7 is significant, and I am finding that DPG are very hands-off in that there is very little support and guidance. It feels very much a case of figuring it out for ourselves which I guess in principle is fine, but at this level and the cost invested, I'd expect more. My tutor has read but ignores messaged reaching out for guidance. Perhaps it's this specific tutor but having heard from their students on different providers, I just feel the study materials and structure isn't great.
  • Hey Kate,

Have a look at Acacia Learning - ask for a free taster to get a better feel of delivery. It might help narrow down what would work best for you - acacialearning.co.uk/.../

Good luck with the decision!

Rachel
  • Hi,
    I also want to do my Level 7. I was going to stuy with DPG but have looked at some reviews on Trustpilot and comments below. Not sure now. I spoke with a woman yesterday who was studying with MOL. She had completed Level 5 and had started Level 7. She was very happy with them. They don't have many reviews on Feefo and I couldn't find them on trustpilot so I'm also finding it hard to decide.
  • I signed up to DPG for level 7 and I wish I hadn't but here I am. There is no real support and the workshops (if you do blended learning) don't add anything to the reading even though they tell you to do the reading in advance. It's just a rehash and no new learning. You won't get any reading materials suggested as that is completely up to you and the tutors won't discuss very much about assignment approach because they see that as you asking them how to answer a question. I'm currently trying to get a study group together so we can discuss/debate and do all the things DPG dont.
  • Thanks all for the feedback, in the end I've decided that a local college based course with a mix of face to face and online is the best approach.