CIPD Level 5 - 5UIN/02 Formative

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could provide some direction as to the format of this assignment. We've been asked to submit the formative before the summative. In the online class, the formative was only mentioned for 2 minutes.

Formative question:

1. You are writing a business report for your line manager at work on an important area of HR that you want to try and improve. She has hinted that it will be submitted to the CEO at the next board meeting. You manager has said that it can be any part of the HR function, but has asked you to write a short literature review on the topic initially. 

2. Based upon the literature review that you have completed previously, construct a short critique of the text you have written in the 3rd person. This should provide an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of the research methods that have been adopted by the researchers who wrote the journal articles that you located. Your line manager has also asked if you can identify how the other research you have read and adopted could usefully be applied to your own organization and what advantages it could bring.

I was under the impression (from the class) that the formative covered the research stages, and wasn't specific to your organization, but the questions (above) lead me to believe I am off track.

Could anyone please give me an idea of the structure of this assigment?

Many thanks,

Ritu

• The same concern!
  • Hi Ritu, Provide you email forward to you some samples that can guide you
  • In reply to Mike:

Hello Ritu

Thanks for your initiative. Will be appreciated if you send me samples. This is my email
    issalezami@gmail.com
  • In reply to Mike:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the offer, but I actually got this one completed and signed off. Took a long while to get started, but it's done now.

Thanks again :)
  • In reply to Issa:

Hi Issa,

I hope this structure helps you.

My table of contents looked like this:
    2. Critical Literature Review
    3. Conclusion
    4. Recommendations
    5. References
    6. Bibliography

On a page of it's own, why my assignment question. It HAD to be in the following format:

So mine was:

"An investigation into effective Employee Retention Methods within the marketing sector: A strategic review of Company X"

1. Introduction to Research Area
    - Explain what your chosen topic is about. Then say:
    - why is it important for the company, what is it's affect?
    - Dows it cost the company money, are they losing money, can you show some stats?

1.1 The AIM - we we're given by the tutor, and told to 'copy paste it in:

Aim:

Same went for OBJECTIVES... you can copy/paste in the first paragraph

Objectives:
    "The objective is to review the current literature around <TOPIC> methods. Identify and review the current methods within Company X. Then propose 3 new ways to improve <TOPIC> at Company X. The following three objectives have been identified:"

I then had to add in 3 objectives:

1.2 For KEY STAKEHOLDERS - You copy paste in the 1 sustenance you're given on the online class and then add a table similar to the one in the online class. The sentence they asked for was:

I did 1 sentence about the chosen topic again (what is it) and then gave 2 solutions.
    - explain the solution.
    - explain who would benefit from the solution and how
    - add in references.
    - add in any stats (if applicable)

Repeat for 2nd solution

Hope this helps you get started.
  • In reply to Mike:

Mike would you mind sending me some samples to, so i can be guided. Thanks
    My email is sdcowie@hotmail.com
    Steven
  • In reply to Mike:

Hi Mike
    I am just about to start to 5uin would it be possible for you to send me some samples. From what i have seen this is a hard unit to complete.
    My email is aimeesthompson@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks
  • In reply to Ritu:

Hi Ritu,

Is this what you did for your formative too?

I did 1 sentence about the chosen topic again (what is it) and then gave 2 solutions.
    - explain the solution.
    - explain who would benefit from the solution and how
    - add in references.
    - add in any stats (if applicable)

Repeat for 2nd solution

Thanks

Steven
    sdcowie@hotmail.com
  • In reply to Steven:

Hi Steven,

The above was the exact layout of my formative.

-Ritu
  • In reply to Mike:

Hi Mike, could you possible send me some guidance samples as well? I seem to have gone off on a tangent in my first attempt and I'm not fully understanding where I went wrong! my email address is dcbutchart@hotmail.co.uk
  • In reply to Mike:

Hi Mike, could you send me some samples as Im putting this together and would appreciate any help. My email address is sali@webuy.com.
  • Hi Mike, could you please share some layouts with me? stefanija.kerkez@gmail.com
  • In reply to Stefanija:

Hi, can anyone send me a sample as well? Stamboliyska@gmail.com. I received a feedback that it seems to be my full summative in formative folder. I am a but confused about the structure of the formative. Thanks you!
  • In reply to Aimee:

Hi Mike, any chance you can send me some samples please. Louly31@hotmail.com
    Many Thanks
  • In reply to Ritu:

Hi Ritu,

Did you resit this assessment?