CIPD Level 5 - 5UIN/02 Formative

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could provide some direction as to the format of this assignment. We've been asked to submit the formative before the summative. In the online class, the formative was only mentioned for 2 minutes.

Formative question:

1. You are writing a business report for your line manager at work on an important area of HR that you want to try and improve. She has hinted that it will be submitted to the CEO at the next board meeting. You manager has said that it can be any part of the HR function, but has asked you to write a short literature review on the topic initially. 

2. Based upon the literature review that you have completed previously, construct a short critique of the text you have written in the 3rd person. This should provide an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of the research methods that have been adopted by the researchers who wrote the journal articles that you located. Your line manager has also asked if you can identify how the other research you have read and adopted could usefully be applied to your own organization and what advantages it could bring.

I was under the impression (from the class) that the formative covered the research stages, and wasn't specific to your organization, but the questions (above) lead me to believe I am off track.

Could anyone please give me an idea of the structure of this assigment?

Many thanks,

Ritu