5CO02 - Evidence Based Practice

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone had completed 5CO02. I am working on AC 2.2, 2.3 AND 2.4 and I am struggling to identify the right people practice issue. If anyone is able to share that would be amazing. I have completed Resource and Talent Panning and Reward Management and passed both so would be happy to offer support with those.

Thank you

Michael 

• Hi Michael, did you get any assistance on this. I am in the same position.
  • In reply to Vikesh:

Hey Vikesh,

For mine, I did a hypothetical situation where the number of grievances being raised has shot up dramatically in recent months.

For 2.2, I talked about the tangible (grievance reports, performance history, disciplinary reports) and intangible evidence (employee surveys, informal conversations, resignation interview notes) that could be collected, and how a change analysis and critical path analysis might help to manage the grievance process.

For 2.3, I talked about Six Thinking Hats, Action Learning, and a Problem-Outcome Framework.

For 2.4, I choose one of the models above and talked about how that could assist me in the final stages of the investigation to draw conclusions about the source of the problem. I mentioned the benefits of a solution, the risks of not implementing a solution and the financial implications if the problem is not resolved.

Regards,
    Alex.
  • In reply to Alex:

Hi Alex,
    Thanks, I'm on the same lines now just a different topic for 2.2. Appreciate you taking the time to reply.
    Thanks
    Vik
  • In reply to Alex:

Hi Alex,

Would you mind helping me on 5CO02. I am struggling with

•Provide evaluation of one appropriate analysis tool and one method that might be applied by organisations to recognise and diagnose current and future issues, challenges, and opportunities. (1.2)

•Explain the main principles of critical thinking and describe how these might apply to individual and work colleagues’ ideas to assist objective and rational debate. (1.3)

•Assess a range of different ethical theories and perspectives and explain how understanding of these can be used to inform and influence moral decision-making. (1.4)

•Explain a range of approaches that could be taken by people practitioners to identify possible solutions to a specific issue relating to people practice. (2.3)

Your time and help would be much appreciated.
  • In reply to Aysha:

Hey Aysha,

(1.2) The easiest way to do this AC, I found, was to do two sections - macro tools and micro tools. For macro, I talked about PESTLE analysis and the Five Force model, and for micro, I talked about the Ansoff Matrix and a Fishbone diagram. In this answer, you need to EVALUATE, so I would mention strengths and weaknesses in each method.

(1.3) Trying writing in 3 sections - what good critical thinking is, how self-regulation works and how the credibility of others' research influences your practice. Examples of scenarios in each might be helpful too. And be sure to mention 'fake news' research too.

(1.4) Again, split into two sections - utilitarianism and deontology. And talk about the pros and cons of each philosophical approach. Mentioning HR examples might be helpful too - for example, in utilitarianism, certain benefits might not be available to everyone, like cleaners 'working from home', and in deontology, having a moral code that justifies discrimination because it's aligned with a particular religion or belief system.

(2.3) You need to talk about 3 different decision-making methods - I talked about Six Thinking Hats, Action Learning and Problem-Outcome Frames. There is no need to talk about pros and cons here; simply 'explain'.
  • In reply to Alex:

Sorry for the delayed response. I was not notified of the response. Many thanks for the thorough response. Have you completed Cipd level 5 ?
  • In reply to Aysha:

Yep, I've finished back in November and my last assignment was moderated in February, so I'm just waiting for the actual qualification now.
  • Hi Alex have you completed your 5c002 I’m baffled by it all and was wondering if you could share if your willing too x
  • In reply to Christianna:

Sure, DM me on here.

• In reply to Alex:

Hi Alex, can I message it you too via email ?
  • In reply to Alex:

Hi Alex, can I message it you too via email ?
  • In reply to Aysha:

Sure