Upgrading to FCIPD

Hi I am in the process of upgrading my membership to Fellow and wondered if anyone could mentor me through this process thanks Jackie

• Hi Jackiewlf. I’m just in the process of finalising my FCIPD. Let me know if you have any particular questions
    Thanks
    Conor
  • I would also be interested in shared experiences of the process . Thanks Cathy
  • Hi jackiewlf. I completed my experience assessment in December and had my FCIPD awarded in January. Happy to help if I can.
  • thank you all very much. I've just moved house so will start looking at application requirements in next few days and will be in touch
  • Hi Conor I am completing the assignments in word and uploading into the form . I am over on my word count but under the 10% does the system allow you to submit ? Or any advice on this ? Thanks Cathy
  • Hi Cathy
    My recommendation would be to try to keep it inside the required word count if possible. I noticed when I went over the 10 it didn’t allow me to go anymore but I went back and diluted some unnecessary wording and brought it back inside the required word count.
    Hope this helps and if you need any further direction let me know
    Best,
    Conor
  • I have had my telephone assessment today. It was well structured and followed the guidance quite well. It is only an hour which is not a long time so having topic areas prepared will help.
    A comment I received was that my cv structure has helped to emphasise the strategic role I have as this is not naturally reflected in my HRM job title.
    Happy to offer further advice. In the meantime I am crossing my fingers for a positive outcome.
    Good luck.
  • In reply to Jacqui:

Hello Jacqui,
    Fingers crossed for you! I wonder if you could offer any advise on the CV structure please. I know it should be focused on metrics and outcomes - the 'so what'. I just wonder if there is anything specific I should bear in mind?
    Best Kasia
  • Thanks Conor ! I will review the answers again !
  • Thanks Jacqui and best of luck with the Outcome I am sure you will fly it ! Daunting though to make sure all aspects are covered in the submission !
  • How did you get on Jacqui? I’ve just started looking into it myself. Did you do most of the talking in line with the 5 areas in the guidance or do you get asked lots of questions?
  • Hi Jackie. I am also in the middle of upgrading. Whilst i might not be able to mentor you, I can certainly be a buddy! Let me know. Thanks!