New Level 7 CIPD

Hello everyone, 

I recently started a transition course with an external learning provider for the new CIPD Level 7 Diploma in Strategic People Management.

The first module we studied was from the previous qualification and everything went well. We are now beginning on the new modules and my provider is being very vague on when the assessments will become available and what textbooks we should be using, among other details. It's been a while now since the new information was supposed to be released and things are still very unclear. 

It would be great to speak to some other students who are also studying the new Level 7 to hear if they are experiencing any of the same problems, or if these are isolated problems with my provider. 

Thank you! 

• Hi Katherine

I've just joined as a Student Member having started the Level 7 last week. There's been a great deal of activity with my provider, with course specification, assessment criteria and detailed assessment briefs being uploaded to our portal. It may simply be that your provider is still updating the resources.

Now that we're members of the CIPD Community, I'm sure this information will be available here. If I find it before you do, I'll update this reply with the link.

Good luck on the programme!

jo
  • In reply to Jo:

Hi Jo,

Thanks for replying! Have you heard from your provider about dates for the submission windows for the core modules yet?

Good luck to you too :)
    Kate
  • In reply to Katherine Sarah:

Hi Kate

I'm still working through all the information provided.

We've got the assessment briefs and course specific assignment criteria for all modules. My provider have set up a schedule of master class sessions and submission Q&As that seem to occur twice monthly. I've not yet attended the first masterclass so only know that we're to choose our preferred date window; but don't yet know when they are.

Have you had the opportunity to communicate with your tutor yet? If not, organise a great time to catch up. Also, schedule some time to review all the provider's Induction resources and tour of the online learning platform. I'm hoping the time I've spent on the Prepare & Plan stage will pay dividends when I meet my tutor for our 1-2-1.

Stay in touch; one thing that seems critical to the success of the Advance Diploma is collaborating with others!

Jo