Level 7 Diploma with ICS and MOL? Pros and Cons?

Hi All,

Happy to join the community few minutes ago and Happy New Year everyone :) 

I am just about to start my Level 7 Diploma and would like to know what are the Pros and Cons of both providers MOL and ICS

ICS is cheaper in Price , While MOL seems more structured with dates to start each module 

Do you have any other Pros or Cons from your point of view? 

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

9 Jan, 2020 10:08

Welcome to the Community, Hisham.
  • Hi

I'm currently doing a different course with ICS Learn (an L&D course, the first course I've done in a long time!).
    I have to say, my experience with them so far has been pretty negative. They are less expensive, and the course is more open ended, so you can do it at your own pace. The tutors I've had communication with have been helpful and friendly.

However, the course material consists mostly of large blocks of text, often poorly edited and formatted (which is pretty ironic for a course focussed largely on the importance of catering to different learning styles). Mandatory parts of the course have been missing from the website for a couple of months (I've been told since November will be updated "soon"). Some of the material provided seems to be bare minimum, with links to other online, free resources.
  • My rule with anything like this is to think about what you want out of the programme and what will suit you best. If you just want the qualification and you're crazy self-motivated then go for a cheaper online option.

For me, this isn't a read through the content course but one where discussion and application has real value. I want somewhere I know the teachers are going to be good and others on the course are also working at a senior level. Having an environment where you're learning with others and benefiting from their experience works for me, but I know it's not everyone's priority.

A slightly more expensive option is Acacia Learning if you're looking to invest a bit more - https://acacialearning.co.uk/cipd-hr-courses/level-7-cipd-advanced-hr/

Good luck with the decision! It's a great course, I'm sure you'll get a lot from whichever option you pick!

• I'm finishing a Level 5 with ICS and my reason for choosing them was flexibility with the timetable. 6 months & I'm nearly finished as I can work at my own pace