Completing the PDP/CPD

Hi evening, I am confused as to what I actually need to do with the PDP/CPD . I have just started a CIPD D5 with ICS and the notes are not the best and don’t really explain what you need to do? I believe anyone
  • Hi Stephen,

The Personal Development Plan (PDP) should be updated as you work your way through the course, identifying areas that you need to improve/learn/enhance. In each row,
    1. Record what it is you have identified to improve/learn
    2. How you think you can improve this area (online course/internal courses/ review podcasts/read books)
    3. What do you need to achieve this... (better time management/purchase recommend reading material/enroll in class X)
    4. Describe, once you have completed this task, how will you see/measure it's success. What improvements do you expect to see, etc
    5. Give yourself some target dates of when you would like to get this done by

When you have completed an activity from your PDP, you will remove it from there and add it to you CDP log. This log shows that you have completed an identified area of improvement (which was in your PDP) and have actually done something about it.

The row summary is similar to that of the PDP log.

Hope this helps.
    - Ritu