ICS Learn - Level 5 - Unit 2 - Using Information in HR

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can help. I am studying with ICS Learn and have passed all units in the module except for Unit 2 (Using Information in HR). I have failed the summative assignment twice already so now at the point where student services have sent a different assignment. 

Activity 1

Identify an area of HR practice related health and well-being.  Compile a report for your own organisation’s senior managers (or for another organisation you are familiar with or been involved with) setting out the case for the organisation adopting the concept of employee health and wellbeing in relation to your topic.

Your report should include:

• A brief introduction
  • A critical review of at least four different information sources relevant to health and well-being relevant to your topic area. Your review should draw out similarities and differences between the sources.  You may also consider the reliability and validity of the sources.
  • Draw meaningful conclusions from your review.
  • Make recommendations for improvements in practice for your chosen organisation and provide an implementation plan for the recommendations.

Activity 2

• Summarise the key stages of the research process.
  • Compare two different research methods.

The area of HR practice related to health and well being will probably be absent management or mental health in the work place (if relevant). Ideally a topic easy enough to find lots of information on!! :-)

I have no idea why I am struggling so much with this assignment (maybe because it needs to be in a report style format). I really don't know as this seems to be the only one I am having problems with having passed all formative and summative assignments for all other units.

Any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated :-)

• Hey, I’m really sorry I can’t be of any help to you with your question. I just wanted to ask which provider you use? I’m currently considering some options but all the ones I’ve asked only allow two resits, but of course you’ve said you’re redoing this assignment a third time.
    Also I know this was posted a few months back but I hope your latest assignment attempt went well!
  • In reply to Mariam:

You can only submit the same assignment twice under CIPD rules. At that point you will have to take a different assignment - as Rahila has posted above.
  • In reply to Rachel:

Thank you very much for replying! I wasn’t sure if that was the case for any providers as Avado have said that they allow a maximum of 4 attempts over 2 assignments, and MolLearn have stated that they permit 2 attempts at an assignment.
  • Hi Rahila, I'm just about to begin this. I wondered how you found it and if you had any tips on how you decided which area to choose to research?

Thanks,

Beth