Temporary work

Hello

I'm looking for some advice please. I'm currently facing a period of leave from my role as my organisation cannot operate due to Coronavirus. I'm therefore looking for work for about 6 months, ideally on a part time basis, but flexible. Whilst I would do anything necessary to pay the bills, I would much prefer to work in an HR/L&D capacity. 

I am a standalone HR Manager with strategic leadership responsibilities for an SME with 3 sites. I am L7 HRM qualified with 10+ years of management and development experience.

I'm struggling to find appropriate openings and wondering if anyone could advise me on the  best approach to take - is there an agency I should sign up for/what could I reasonably expect to do. 

I'm not expecting to be able to pick something short term up at the level I currently work at, but feel that other experience would be of huge benefit to me career wise and I should be looking at this as an opportunity to broaden my skillset. 

Many thanks 

• Hi Anna
    Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear about your situation - it might be worth signing up with a few temp agencies - Venn Group and Ninesharp are the one's I've used for recruiting temp HR professionals in the past. And you may be surprised at the roles that come up
    Emily
  • In reply to Emily:

Thanks Emily - I'll definitely check them out, much appreciated

Anna
  • It's a tough time to be job hunting. I've recently had to do it myself due to being made redundant just as lockdown happened. Keep your head up, something will come around. Best to sign up with agencies in your local area/local city but make sure you give them a call to explain what you are after as there are approx. 500 applicants per role at the moment.

There are a lot of part time/fixed term contracts going around at the moment due to many companies being on a recruitment freeze.

I have my fingers crossed for you that you'll be able to find something! Your experience sounds incredible, who wouldn't want you to be a part of their team!?
  • In reply to Chloe:

Thank you so much for your kind words Chloe - I really appreciate it

Anna