A little help in the right direction please

Good morning all,

I hope everyone is doing as well as they can at the moment.

I am currently studying Level 5 Diploma in HRM. I have been managing businesses and people of many years but have not studied since my A levels 30 years ago. 

I am on module Using Information in Human Resources (5UIN) through ICS Learn and before I start my Formative am required to submit a question, Title, Aim and Objectives to my Tutor for agreement. However after three emails I cannot understand what format he wants the title in and I am afraid to ask again as I am sure I will get another reply that makes no sense to me. He has not commented on the other items so presume it is only the title that is not satisfactory. 

I am wanting to research staff retention methods as in my industry staff turnover is very high, however there will be very little material in my industry for this topic or indeed any research topic as HR and looking after your staff is quite a new concept to it unfortunately.

The title example given in the learning material was:An investigation into effective Absence Management Methods within the Hospitality Sector: A strategic review of Hilton Hotels Group PLC"

It was discussed during an online classroom that you could leave out the sector if you felt there would be a lacking of material. Therefore I submitted my title to be: An investigation into effective employee retention methods : A strategic review of Rossetts Commercials Ltd.

A further reply from my tutor would suggest that this is not an acceptable title. Given the time it takes to get a reply much time is being wasted and I am afraid the messages from the Tutor do not help and I would really appreciate any pointers that the CIPD community could offer and how to correctly phrase a title please.

Many thanks all 

Kind regards

Jo

• Hi Jo, I too am studying with ICS learn. I am studying the L7 CIPD, and have to do a similar dissertation. I am happy to chat with you, if that is helpful. You can phone or email me directly if you wish: isabelle.perrett@gmail.com 07788971479
  • In reply to Isabelle Perrett:

Hi Isabelle, So sorry I have never replied to you, I sort of disappeared into a black hole of "literature reviews" lol. I eventually got to grips with it and have actually now passed the entire course. Having just read your offer I just wanted to say that was extremely kind of you!
    Tell me how are you finding L7 compared to L5?
  • In reply to Jo:

Hi Jo, I have now finished. Happy to catch up if you'd like. Try my mobile 07788971479