Level 5- Certificate or Diploma???

Hi there, I am looking to study at Level 5, but I'm not sure whether the Certificate or Diploma is the best next step. I'm not really sure what the difference is between the 2? I currently have Level 3 Certificate qualification. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks
  • Hi Nicky

The certificate is 6 units and the diploma is 8 units.

Personally, I would say go for the diploma as you get a far more 'all round knowledge.

I completed mine early this year with DPG and can certainly recommend.

Call a few providers and chat through your options. They will be able to advise whether the certificate or diploma is best for you and also you can then decide who to study with.

Lisa
  • I also did the diploma, but I did mine at College, term time, one afternoon each week. It was good and I have made some great friends and contacts as well.
  • Good Afternoon Nicky

I must agree with Lisa & Jules, I am currently finishing my last module in the Level 5 Diploma, after doing the Level 3 Certificate and I feel for an extra two months work it is definitely worth it.

Good luck with your study!
  • Hi Nicky, good luck with your choice. I choose a different option and it was ages ago and I wanted to endorse what Lisa, Jules and Aimee have said. I choose my study based on cost, content, what level of CIPD status I would achieve and I wanted to have a cohort of people to network with - I ended up with two long term friends. I needed something that fitted around my life and work and so I came up with a list that helped me pick the right option for me. Whatever you choose against your criteria will be the right one at the time and add to your practice.

Good luck and enjoy.
  • Hi Nicky, The only thing I would add to what the others have said is to look at the additional modules offered by different providers - some will give you choice, others wont. This will give you an idea of what extra expertise you will gain through the Diploma.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Rachel
  • Thanks all, really appreciate the feedback. I'm shopping around for options and prices at the moment so I will let you know how it goes!
  • In reply to Nicky:

Hi Nicky,
    I see DPG are currently offering the Level 5 Certificate and Diploma at a discounted rate. I did my level 3 Certificate with ICS Learn and they were very good. I am hoping DPG are equally as good because I'm seriously thinking of taking advantage of their lower cost and doing either the Certificate or Diploma (Level 5). I hope you manage to choose what's right for you.
    Gemma