CIPD Level 5 when on career break

Hi, i'm wondering if there is anyone in the same situation as me.  I have taken a career break since having twins almost 3 years ago.  I therefore haven't attended a workplace for almost 3 years and i'm struggling with the DVP assignment for Level 5 CIPD. I don't have practical experience of a lot of the content which is proving difficult when completing my assignment.  

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gillian

• you can use your last workplace before you had the little ones. i am in work but not in HR so i have to look at the assignments as an outsider of HR. from employees point of view on what HR should be. hope that helps
  • Hi Gillian,

I am on the same boat, on a 6 yr career break for family reasons. How did you find the course? How did you manage DVP and the other modules? Any useful tips and pointers? I have just started with DVP and am struggling to come up with relevant examples and their detailed analysis. I had very little Associate level experience before I took the break, most of my experience was in HR Admin. I tool up the course in a bid to update myself but now wondering if I made a mistake.

Thanks
    Teena