Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship

I wondered if anyone has any experience of the L3 HR Support Apprenticeship?  I have been involved with HR for over 20 years, usually working alongside other colleagues and sharing the responsibility.  I am now in a new role where HR is my sole responsibility, which I'm very happy with as it's always been an area that's interested me.  My new employer stated they were happy for me to get a qualification under my belt but baulked at the cost of the CIPD L3 Diploma, which is what I was hoping for.  So, due to cost restraints I have signed up to the apprenticeship (at the grand old age of 46), which incidentally costs around the same but we were able to get 90% off as we are non-levy.

The training provider assures me that the course is very similar to the CIPD L3 Diploma and 'may' entitle me to CIPD Associate Membership once complete, which I find a little vague to say the least.

If anyone on here is also studying the same, I 'd be very interested to hear your story.

• That is really vague! I haven't completed the qualification through the apprenitceship but have a lot of experience managing apprentices and if a provider told me that I would be worried.

At Level 3 providers don't have to include the CIPD Certificate with the qualification but any of the good providers will offer this as a standard which then qualifisies you for associate membership.

I would be really interested to hear how you've gotten on so far? Hopefully you're nearly finished!
  • I am currently at the point of the End Point Assessment stage of my HR L3 apprenticeship. My training provider was Hive and i was doing the apprenticeship through Avado. I have felt in a similar situation to you whereby there was not much clarity as to what was granted at the end of it all.

I passed all of my units last year and gained my certification and upgraded status to Assoc CIPD February this year which I find strange as I have not passed the apprenticeship side of things yet. I passed the professional discussion for the EPA but need to resubmit my project. As far as I am aware the L3 certificate had 6 units and the Diploma had another 2 units. Who are you studying with for the apprenticeship?