Level 7 Diploma Distance Learning - Recommendations

Hi everyone,

I'm half way through my CIPD level 5 Diploma and my employer is keen to enrol me onto a Level 7 Diploma course in January next year.

I've checked out a couple of different options, but I'm stuck with choosing a training provider as the prices vary so much. I've been fortunate to use the same College for Level 3 and 5, but they don't offer the Level 7 course :( 

So far I've seen Acacia Learning, ICS Learn and DPG as the main options, but I'm really open to understanding the views and experiences of people who have done this course via distance learning.

Recommendations very welcome!

• Hi Liz

The most important thing is to consider how you want to learn and what you want to get from the programme. DPG and ICS are on the e-learning end of the spectrum. This is good if you're happy to study very independently and tick through the learning outcomes. This also means that they can offer the course much more cheaply - hence the large variation in price. If you enjoyed the support and interaction of studying at college you will find this a very different experience.

Acacia Learning is on the other end where you get much more support from tutors and there is a focus on how the learning outcomes apply in different situations, drawing on professional experience in the group. This is a higher cost model so will always be a bit more expensive.

Key questions I would recommend asking for the L7 Diploma (depending on your priorities) are:
    - how much face to face time do I get with tutors, what are group sizes and what are the focus of sessions?
    - what are the choices of modules? And who teaches them?
    - what support is in place for the exams?

Good luck with this and keep us updated on your choice!

Rachel
  • Avado offer good one training and good webinars