5UIN

Hi I wondered if anyone can help, I’m currently doing 5UIN & I’m struggling with 2.2 part of the assessment in which I have to find 3 secondary sources and do a literature review. I have chosen absence related to mental health. Also as part of my CDP, I’m more than happy to support anyone if they are struggling. I have so far completed DVP, RST & CHR. Thank you in advance
  • Hi Irfana

Could you tell us what those abbreviations mean?
  • Hi Irfana.

You need to select three credible secondary sources of information relating to your chosen topic. For example: an article from People Management magazine. I have attached a link to an article below for illustration purposes:

www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/.../absence-due-to-mental-health-on-rise-report-business-leaders

Once you have your three sources, read them thoroughly to get a gist of what the author is saying about your topic. Are the sources current (when was it published?), is it valid?, is the research reliable? What was the sample size used?, is there any potential bias? What about the credibility of the actual author?

You don’t have to go into too much detail so don’t complicate things for yourself as you won’t have the word count.

Say for example your research question is ‘Why are absences relating to mental health on the rise?’, what do your sources say about it? Sum it up. Although the question I used isn’t the best example as you should make it more specific. For example: ‘Are absences relating to mental health on the increase because of lack of emphasis on health and wellbeing in the workplace?’
  • Hi I am having the same issue would you be able to offer me any guidance?
    Thank you