Mediation training and qualification

Hello all 

I'm a freelance HR Consultant based in Suffolk with a bais toward employee wellbeing.  I'm looking for training provide for workplace mediation.  I have looked at ACAS but their training is aimed at in-house HR professionals, rather than those working in a consultancy capacity. 

I'm looking for something with a qualification at the end.  Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thank you

Jo 

• Hi Jo. I can help you with this. I have two documents I put together a couple of years ago. One gives a listing of the main workplace mediation courses and the other is a paper giving some factors to think about when choosing - as it's very confusing! If you'd like a copy you can email me on marc@mediation4.co.uk or send me a Linked In invite and I can send them to you. Best regards, Marc.
  • Hi Jo, this subject crops up from time to time so a quick search will provide some suggested providers. As for the ACAS course - I think you may still be able to complete their training but will need to undergo a conversion course to be able to practice as an external mediator, not entirely sure of my facts but worth checking. Also have a look at the Civil Mediation Council website for their approved training providers since if you would like to take up their membership you would need to have first completed training with one of these providers: civilmediation.org/.../