Advice Needed - Career choice

Hi

I currently have a nice but confusing (to me!) dilemma and was interested to hear people's opinions.  

I have worked within a HR department in a company for the past few years.  I recently applied for a Trainee HR job within the department which I did not get.  However off the back of the interview I have been encouraged to apply for 2 further positions.  One is a Transactional HR job and is at a higher level than I currently work,  This is a temporary position and would include some management duties (I would be able to do this role on a Secondment basis).  The second job is a Strategic HR planning role but is at the same level as I am currently but is a permanent position and I think in an area which would interest me more out of the two roles. 

I am currently undertaking my CIPD Level 5, which I am thoroughly enjoying and feel both roles would benefit me with completing this.  I feel both would give me an excellent experience and I am finding it hard to decide which route to take.  I appreciate that I would have to apply for both positions and may not get either, but I was hoping to hear people's experiences and advice that could make that decision a bit more straightforward. 

Thank you in advance.      

• Hi Daniel
    As you say, this is a nice dilemma.

Unhelpfully, I have to say that only you can say which is right for you. I suspect the more senior but transactional role might open more doors at this stage in your career, but what sort of doors do you want to knock on?
  • Nice to have e double opportunity, Daniel
    No-one can choose for you, and both jobs will bring you a few more strings to your bow. I would be inclined to go for the one you find the most interesting, because as time goes by you can always go into the other area - whichever you choose
    Ray