Advice to get into learning and development please

I did well at school and attending university but had to leave in my last year due to leaving to care for a family member so did not get my degree (biological sciences). 
My job history since then has been catering for many years and then more recently accountancy. I did not like it and realised that the main thing i have enjoyed in all my roles was training other staff, being involved in recruitment, making changes to workplace processes etc and stumbled across a job role for a learning and development manager at a hotel chain. It sounded exactly what I would enjoy. They wanted HR experience and preferably a CIPD qualification. I am obviously not in the position to apply for such a role now but sounds like something I want to get experience in and start training for so I can get this type of role in the future. 
I've looked into it and it seems like a lot of jobs will put you through the course, but usually after 6 months probationary period. I really want to get started asap so am applying to entry level HR roles as whilst I have no direct experience there has been aspects of my previous roles that have had elements of HR and training etc. Is it worth me paying for such a course and doing it from home in the evenings? Also what is the best provider to do this through I was looking at ICS https://nmj.cipd.co.uk/qualification-finder/centredetails/index/80?digitalOnly=True is this the best one to do from home? 
Also I have put my CV on lots of job-sites but keep getting scam calls, I guess where my phone number is on there. Ive even had scam calls from people pretending to be recruitment agencies. Obviously where Im applying for job at the moment I need to make sure I answer all calls coming through but now Im having to check all the numbers to see who called on sites like https://scam-numbers.co.uk/ before I answer/ ring back which is time consuming. But I dont really want to take my phone number off my CV though as think that would be unwise? As HR professionals would a cv without a phone number put you off the applicant? 

Thanks for any advice