Level 7 certificate or diploma?

Hi

Do you think employers are that interested in whether you do the certificate or diploma at that level?  I have the Level 5 certificate and everyone has been satisfied with that, but would it be different at Level 7? The cost is quite different so I'd rather do the cert. Do you still qualify for Chartered status with the cert?

thanks

• Hi Fiona

From experience I would say it depends on the employer, the role and your previous experience.  

Perhaps start with the certificate and dependent on the job and the employer - this may get your foot in the door, but be open to continuing with studies to Diploma level.

In terms of accreditation, you would still be at associate level with Level 7 Certificate status

• At Level 7 the Diploma is a big step up from the Certificate and I think Cass is right that if you're not sure about the commitment start with the Certificate then top up. The Diploma has two exams (they're tough!) and a dissertation. It requires a much broader understanding of not just our profession but how we impact on everything else.

I think it's right that the only way to get Chartered status is with the Diploma - it's a very different qualification from just having the Certificate.