Why do some providers have only a 2 week program for Level 5?

Hi,

I am interested in pursuing the Level 5 diploma in L&D. At the moment, I am exploring the costs and quality of the various providers - both online and classroom.

Avado in particular has been very professional in helping me understand the duration that each of the seven units take, which are followed by assignment and assessment. So I now know that I have to be mentally prepared to invest around 12-13 months.

But what I cannot figure out is how do some classroom providers have a 15 day course for Level 5 diploma, after which I can be certified as an Assoc. CIPD. What happens to the duration of learning required? How is the assignments and the assessments scheduled?

I would be grateful if someone here can kindly help me in understanding this massive difference in time commitment.

• Can you give an example of a 15 day fast track course?
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

29 Oct, 2019 17:18

Hi Mazhar,

This is an interesting one! I've consulted with CIPD colleagues and in terms of a 'block delivery' mode, 15 days would probably fall short of the total qualification time for a taught Intermediate Level 5 Diploma in Learning and Development.

Having said that, we'd need more information of this. Ultimately, it would be dependent on how the centre/provider has been approved to offer the qualification.  

It could be plausible (if a centre delivered a blended learning/supported distance learning mode) that there would be 15 days of workshop/classroom attendance. However, the majority of the qualification would need to be delivered via approved self-directed blended learning materials.

To investigate more fully we'f need more details on the provider(s) in question.

Hope this helps.