Level 3 HR Support - Apprentice standards

Hi

We've recently recruited an HR Apprentice with the intention of them completing the above qualification funded by our Levy. At the time of offer, the training provider was also going to provide the CIPD level 3 certificate in HR Support. They've since advised that they'll no longer offer the CIPD Cert, just the Level 3 standard. I believe many of the Apprentice providers are doing the same.

I don't want this to have a negative impact on our Apprentice's future career in HR. As an employer, would you accept this as an alternative? Does anyone know if this will be accepted should he want to go on to complete the level 5 CIPD qualification in the future? 

Thanks 

• I would think it would depend on whether completion of the apprenticeship standard leads to CIPD accreditation or not? If it does, then I would expect it to be accepted as an alternative.

Edit: Just checked, and the following is taken from the description of the apprenticeship standard: Apprentices who complete this apprenticeship will be eligible to apply for associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.

• The government cut the funding and for the Level 3 Apprenticeship the CIPD qualification is an optional extra. The apprenticeship standard covers off the same content really as the qualification so personally I would accept it - however I know the details of the apprenticeship in detail but I wouldn't rely on most employers doing so. If you can find a provider that will do the qualification as well, I think it's worth it.
  • Hi Nicola, I currently have just completed my CIPD Level 3 but work as an Account Manager in the Apprenticeships team in a college. From my experience employers do look at apprenticeships where CIPD is included within the apprenticeship standard. It is more work for the apprentice but is considered a bonus if they have completed it. They can also map the CIPD against the skills, knowledge and behaviours.