5CHR Help 3.1 and 3.2

Hi,

I am trying to put together my assignment and have started to struggle on 3.1 and 3.2 of the 5CHR assignment.  All the different reading has now left me even more confused.

3.1 Give Examples of how Business Performance can be evaluated making reference to three types of indicators, make reference to traditional and modern indicators.

3.2 Explain how at least four different sources of business and contextual data can be assessed and utilised for planning purposes.

I just keep mixing these up as the same thing KPIs, HR Metrics and have lost complete trust in my notes and started to seriously confuse myself between the difference of what is used for evaluation of business performance or what is classed as contextual data.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction that will help the fog?

• Hi all. I feel the same mess. can someone help me on this. Thank you.
  • In reply to Michelle:

Hi Michelle, its a long time now since I did CHR but what I would suggest is if you join the group on Facebook called CIPD Level 5 Study Group Support www.facebook.com/.../

On this page under announcements are some absolute brilliant study guides for some of the modules included 5CHR which have helped me hugely.
  • Hi!
    With which provider ars you studying? Have you submitted it yet?
    I have one week to complete both questions as well and I am struggling a lot... but in the content in action I have with my provider they give us some indications on what to develop so if I can help you. Let me know. You can message me rockschoolofrock@gmail.com.
    Alex
  • For 3.1 "Give Examples of how Business Performance can be evaluated making reference to three types of indicators, make reference to traditional and modern indicators"

1. Keep in mind that companies regularly communicate on their business performance at the time of the publication of their quarterly, six-montly or annual results. You'll find it very useful to go to the sites of major multinationals to see the type pof things that are the subject of their comunication...start with the press releases and maybe go into the presentations for more detail.....
    2. Equally the annual variable pay and long term incentives of CEOs is subject to massive communication obligations these days - see how big companies communicate on the criteria that are used to measure the company's performance and the contribution of the CEO......
    3. Don't neglect to look for information on "operational" and "soft" business performance indicators as well a the obvious economic ones.......

Happy hunting