Resourcing and Talent Planning Assignment

Good morning, 

I am currently studying my level 5 and I am currently doing an assignment for Resourcing and Talent Planning. There is one question I am struggling to get my head around and just wondering whether someone here can advise me. 

The question is: Your organisation is based in two different countries ( The UK and another country of your choice) Write a short account which briefly assess the Labour Market trends in each country. In your account, briefly explain the significance of tight and loose labour market conditions and how organisation position themselves strategically in competitive labour markets. 

I was thinking of going with the USA and comparing both countries however, I am struggling to find comparable evidence. I have only recently got in to a HR role so this is very new to me. Any help would be hugely appreciated 

Hope to hear from you soon

Many thanks :)

• This might get you started:

www.bankofengland.co.uk/.../875.aspx

But it's a year old so you may need to get some up-to-date details
  • In reply to Judy Williams:

Thank you for your help Judy. I will have a good look!
  • Hi Nina

I've recently completed this module as part of L5. Our assessor advised us to pick 2 countries within the EU, I personally found it easier to compare 2 extreme situations for example I chose Greece in comparison as obviously there is a vast difference within the economy and the Labour market to that of the UK. You can find some good articles on the state of the Greek economy and Labour markets and I also used their version on the Office for national statistics. I passed this assignment so must have done something right!

Hope this helps,

Jenny.
  • Hi! I'm currently working on this assignment too! Does anybody know how much we actually have to relate it to the 'organisation', or can we just talk about two different market trends? My organisation is only UK based and very small so I am to put it into context.

Thanks in advance!
  • In reply to Jenny:

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for your reply. I found the two countries and comparing them fine after a good bit of research. However, it has come back that i need to carry out the following..

in respect of tight and loose labour markets you need to explain how organisations position themselves strategically in competitive labour markets.

Did you do this for both countries or for the Markets in general. If it is general where did you find this information?

Many Thanks

Nina
  • In reply to Sophie:

How did you get on Sophie? More than happy to help if needed

Nina
  • In reply to Jenny:

What is their version of ONS? I have been looking at Greece and can't find a lot
  • In reply to Nina Edwards:

Hi Nina. I'm just starting this assignment and struggling a bit. Any tips/help greatly received please. Thankyou
  • In reply to Shannon Thomas:

Hi Shannon, I too am just starting this assignment & honestly dont know where to begin. Would be great to share knowledge & understanding? Thanks
  • In reply to Marie:

Hi Marie. My email address is shannonreilly3@hotmail.co.uk
  • In reply to Shannon Thomas:

Thanks Shannon, Ive emailed you!