Advice on what to do next

Hello

I am currently working as an HR Officer in quite an admin heavy role and I am looking for the next step up as have been working at this level for quite a while now. I also have my Level 5 qualification.

However i am now finding myself quite stuck as I've been told I've got a lot of great experience and the right skills for the next step up however the only thing I'm lacking is handling ER casework so I've not been successful in gaining interviews for new roles.

My current line manager is reluctant to let me gain any sort of experience in this area and isn't very supportive in helping me to develop. So now I can't gain a new role without experience but I can't get the required experience without prior experience! 

Does anybody have any advice on how they made that jump to the next level or how they were able to develop? i'm not sure what to do and feeling quite disheartened!  

• Will your manager let you attend the meeting? When an Administrator I attended under the guise of note-taker - this allowed me to see what happens in a disciplinary meeting, the role of HR, questions that arise and thought process during an adjournment. Although you are not directly holding the meetings, it will give you more than enough understanding to relay it during an interview.