Lack of support to progress in HR/ CIPD/Masters qualified level 7.

I am 36 years old Asian woman and I completed my masters in Human Resources in 2011 and have worked in HR ever since. However, I have not been lucky enough to secure a role where I can develop or be supported enough from a Manager who will effectively ‘take me under their wings’ and progress.

The level of roles I have secured previously are at administration level and I really want to secure a HR Advisor role where I am supported by a Manager. I keep getting told as I have the education I should be aiming for higher roles such as HR Business Partner etc. However, when applying for such roles I get rejected due to lack of experience. Then it is full circle I have to then apply for HR Administration roles, my previous roles have either been contract or I have been made redundant.

I am looking for roles within the Telford region as this is where I recently moved and to ensure I have the work life balance I need. My current role comes to an end on September (Fixed term contract). Every place I have worked implement different ways of working and different HR Systems.