Avado CIPD Level 3 in HR

Hello...my name is Ellie and I started the CIPD Level 3 in Human Resources.

Incredibly nervous and I am already having a few issues with work I have completed yesterday disappearing and having to start again. So this is not helping to my nerves. I am hoping to network a little and maybe buddy up to get feedback of their own experiences with Avado and am happy to give support and help and would be grateful for any advice that people may be able to give.

I have never completed an online course before and so far I am not having the best start! I hope this time next year I will be qualified and looking to do some further courses.

Thank you in advance to anyone that may be able to give some feedback.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

7 Nov, 2018 14:37

Hi Ellie... and welcome to the Community :)

I'm going to move your thread to the HR Qualifications and studying group as many more people will be able to see it there. In fact, there is a similar thread for those embarking on the Level 5.

I'll see if I can fish out some L3 links, too.

You'll be fine... and I'm sure others will chip in with their experiences below.

• Hi Ellie,

I'm nearing the end of my Level 3 but studying with ICS.

Happy to help though in any way I can :)
  • In reply to Steve Bridger:

Thank you so much Steve, I appreciate you help.

I feel like I need all the help I can get at the moment!

Thank you so much for getting in touch and directing me.
  • In reply to Sarah:

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for posting.

How has it been for you? This is my first week and so far I feel a little overwhelmed and unsupported.

Could you possibly tell me how long it has taken you and how many hours per week you have dedicated to the course?

Thanks again Sarah.
  • In reply to Ellie:

In all honesty, it's taken me a little longer than it should have done to complete but that's my own fault! I think you could get comfortably get it done in 12 months.

How is Avado structured? Is it all online? Did you have deadlines per module?

I would say do the reading then attend the class - the classes are so helpful and everything will make a lot more sense at that point!

Feel free to drop me a private message if you would like to discuss further or an email - s_sheldon@outlook.com
  • Hello Ellie

I am doing my CIPD but during the evening at College as I really struggle with on line courses. I like the feedback I can get of other students, I am working on Resourcing Talent at the moment. If I can offer any support on any of the other units . This website is excellent for resources and answers for any of the units.
  • Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

8 Nov, 2018 10:12

In reply to Julia:

Good to hear, Julia.
  • Hi Ellie,

I completed my Level 3 last year (in evenings at college, rather than online) but more than happy to help in anyway I can :)
  • In reply to Rachael:

Thank you Rachael. I would be grateful for any advice. I have managed to complete my first weeks module and am waiting on feedback for this. It is set out in weekly modules with assessments every so many weeks. I am hoping I will feel a little more settled with the whole "online experience" the more I progress with the course. Thank you for your post :)
  • In reply to Julia:

Hi Julie, it is all new for me to do any online training or education. It is certainly different. I appreciate your post and would be grateful for any advice. Fingers crossed for you too :0)
  • I just came across thread this by chance and while I have little experience of on-line courses I just wanted to add the suggestion I have used for many years for any submission of materials on-line, to always prepare your work in draft and store it on your own computer, then paste to the site "to go". It takes a little longer, but is far better than the moment of horror when you realise that a document or submission you have spent hours working on has not arrived where it should have, and has vanished into some alien void when you pressed "return".

The other thing to remember is that we have all been there: Looking up at the professional mountain to climb; so remember to keep coming back here to the "Community" and asking questions, or testing ideas, on all the subject areas.

We won't do your course-work for you, but we will certainly comment on your ideas for submission, and are only too happy to explain more complex areas of practice, or subject materials you find interesting.

So: Welcome to the Community, and while your course may be hard work at times: ENJOY!

P
  • In reply to Peter:

Thank you for your post Peter. It is great to know there are people out there. I am finding that with the company I am doing the course with offer little in the way of feedback or support. I have been submitting work and have had one piece of feedback so far - which is not helpful at all. I don't know if I am doing things wrong or right. So I am a bit underwhelmed and anxious.

I have been managing OK (I think) so far with the questions and answers. However today's question has thrown me a little. I understand the basics of the PESTLE analysis and what the external factors might be. But the question is the bit I am struggling with. I don't know what it is they are asking me to do?

Question:

To complete your final assessment, you are required to analyse FOUR external factors.

Complete a PESTLE analysis to assess the factors that may impact on your organisation both now and in the future. You will need to state if the factors are internal or external.

I presume that my answer would need to include four external factors, for example, Government Policy - Career Attitudes - Health & Safety - Employment Law. Then go in to detail on how these effect the business now and what impact it may have should anything change in terms of legislation etc. in the future?

I am not sure if it is just my brain is tired and I am unable to see the wood for the trees?
  • In reply to Ellie:

Would this help - www.cipd.co.uk/.../pestle-analysis-factsheet ?
    I previously completed my Level 4 NVQ via distance learning (no longer part of CIPD qualifications) and more recently my Level 5 via mixed mode with a Coach/Assessor where I received regular 1:1 support via Skype or phone calls etc and could contact them via email etc for support as required. From the posts I am seeing here, it seems I had more access to guidance etc from the company I used (AheadHR) than most! I was also lucky to work in a large HR team whereby everyone had previously gone through HR qualifications (albeit generally at a higher level) and were always willing to share advice, text books etc.
  • In reply to Clare:

Thank you Clare. I have just been reading up on the CIPD website. My provider generally replies within 3 days - although I haven't even had this so far. I am really struggling. I will keep researching the best I can and hopefully get some feedback on some of the work I am submitting soon. Many thanks for your input.
  • In reply to Ellie:

www.cipd.co.uk/.../pestle-analysis-factsheet

I think this is probably what you've already seen, but I find the general best-way to do these things is to list out the things relevant to your business under each heading. Don't try to analyse them for now; so taking "political" one might list Brexit, legislation, , then taxation etc. under economic and so on. Don't try to be too detailed. Say something about each, then look at the things that interact and think through what needs to be said about them in context to your workplace. Having done that, string the whole lot together in the PESTLE sequence as a narrative of what impact each is having (or will have) on your business.

It is better to say something clearly about a few things, that try to pull in every tiny nuance that could have influence, because the really will make you brain ache!