What qualification Level?

Hi all

I’m new in the community and I hope you’ll help me understanding what path I could follow. I would really like to study towards a CIPD level 5 Diploma but apparently it is essential to have a CIPD level 3, which I don’t have

I currently work as an Office Administrator, despite my tasks being more similar to an Office Manager role. I actively manage the office environment, take care of the financial aspect of the company as well as some HR related activities such as tracking holiday/sickness absences, producing offer letters/documentation, talking to recruiters, sending all the relevant documentation to the payroll manager, making sure appraisals are done etc.

In addition to that, I’ve got a bachelors degree in Psychology (that included some HR related subject such as organisational and occupational psychology, social groups psychology etc).

Do you think my degree and (not very important) experience will be enough to get straight into level 5? Have you got any suggestions?

I apologise in advance if this specific topic has been covered.

Thank you!

• Yes the topic is covered a lot so if you do a search you will find lots of advice and info.

There is no universal entry requirement that says you have to do L3 before L 5 and that before L7. Many institutions will allow you to step into which ever one they / you feel is most appropriate.

Your degree will give you lots of good background. But probably overlaps more with L7 and done if L5 than most of L5 and any of L3.

My general advice you will see on other threads is that if you have no experience you benefit from stepping through the levels. If however you just want the badge then go for the highest level you can cope with (prob L7).
  • In reply to Keith:

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply :)