HR Mentor or Coach/ Advice on next career move

Hi

I'm hoping to find a HR mentor or coach that would be able to support/ advise me on how to take the next step in my career as I feel I am currently stagnating slightly and not sure of my next steps!

I'm currently 32 and have held a Head of HR role in two SME's (one environmental services and my latest an independent school) for the last 5 years and I have achieved a lot but my current role is not within an environment that is supportive to really forward thinking HR so I am mainly operational often carrying out change processes such as redundancies/ restructures and have inputted all the HR basics however I also have no HR budget aside from recruitment spend and have been turned down for any funds requested to implement more proactive solutions such as a HRIS/ L&D programme/ Health and well being initiatives.

As I am the 'top' HR role in my organisation, with no one above me to learn from, I find it hard to identify how I can develop or progress and what the next step in my career should be. I have applied for HRM/ Head of HR roles in larger companies as I feel I need this to develop myself but I'm told I don't have enough experience working in a big company. 

Any help/ advice would be much appreciated

thank you

Freya

• Hi Freya, If you are in Dubai, please contact me on +97156-8964685. I am a Charter President for HR Connexions Toast Masters Club. We have Mentor-Mentee program and with Toast Masters International Pathways program, we can support you, well.

Let us meet and discuss further in detail.

Thank you and best regards,

Nellaiappan (Raja) Pillai
    0097156-8964685
    Dubai.