CIPD level 3 assessment 3Hrc

Hi guys,

So we've got our first assessment to do which I've started but I'm really stuck on a question. The question is,i

Lst 4 functions of the business and explain how these functions work together within the organization to optimize performance.

Im not currently working in an organization so I choose Lloyd's Bank to use as my organization but I've no idea what 4 functions or how they'd work together as I don't work there? HELP!

Any help on where I could find this info or what 4 functions I could use that would be self explanatory of how they'd work together?

Thank you 

Gemma

• Hi Gemma,

As you have chosen Lloyds bank, i would recommend looking to see if they have a recruitment page, they may list the functions they have in the bank with a blurb on them, or the roles that are advertised may give you an idea of the functions.

From there I would see how they would interlink for example: IT would link to all departments to ensure that the systems are working so that they can continue to provide their service to the customer, to allowing the customers to use their online banking and keeping their bank accounts safe.That could then link into the Fraud department, as they would work closely together to ensure the safety but also that they can resolve any issues.

Also customer service would be a big department that works with all of them. It would be the communication and the seemless delivery each department does to ensure that the bank runs smoothly and those who bank with them have no issues.

I know its a bit of in a nut shell, but i hope that helps.
  • In reply to Gina:

That's really good Gina, are the functions the jobs or the sectors? It's confusing x
  • In reply to Gemma:

Functions is just another word for departments in the organisation. So Finance is one function, Customer Service is another, IT another.

Hope this helps
  • In reply to Gina:

Oh yes I understand now, thank you xx