CIPD Level 5

Hi all, I'm currently studying for CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice. I don't currently work in HR and this course was to help me change my career. I've looking into CIPD Level 5 and a course is starting at my college in September. I appreciate that ideally I'd already be working in HR. Any thoughts on applying for Level 5 straightaway and prepare to have my application declined? Or would it be best to obtain a role in HR before applying? Many thanks

• Depending on demand for the course, you could find that you may not be accepted onto the course unless you have some sort of HR experience. I am completing my Level 5 at the moment and it can be tough going. I know demand was very high for my course and if I hadn't of been working in HR I probably wouldn't have been offered a place. Hope this helps.
  • In reply to Lynsey:

i do not have any experience in HR field, and i have enrolled for level 5 ,so from your post can i assume that it will be really tough for me to complete level 5 ?
  • In reply to Wafa:

Level 5 is a degree level course so it is tough going and some of the content can be difficult to get your head round. When enrolling my for my course, you either had to have completed the Level 3 course or have a degree, due to the volume of applications they received they then said in addition to the above you had to have some form of experience in the HR field to be accepted but if you have already been accepted that's fine. However, some of the modules are quite complex and having worked in HR will help you apply the theory slightly better.