Level 3 vs Level 5 CIPD Diploma

Hi everyone,

I am hoping to find some advice on the thread. I would like to start studying for a HR Qualification this year, and the company I work for has offered to support me through my studies.

I am having a little trouble deciding on which course to take.

To give you a little background: I graduated with a BA in Politics and International Relations in 2016 and started my first role as an HR Assistant in May 2017, with promotion to HR Coordinator in July 2018. I have been in a generalist role which has given me exposure to many aspects of HR and I am well supported by the Director, Business Partner, Advisor and Talent Manger within my team.

I would like to start with someone which will be manageble alongside working full time. I worry that the Level 3 may be too basic considering my experience to date, but Level 5 could be a bit of a stretch.

I have been looking at "Acacia" as I am interested in attending an evening class once per week, and this would allow me to do so within central London.

Looking forward to any comments or advice which you may offer!

Iona

• My personal experience when I was undertaking the Level 5 is that the biggest learning curve for most was getting to grips with formatting the assignments (Harvard referencing etc.) as opposed to the actual content of the course. Given you already have a BA, this should be an advantage in that regard.

Although Level 3 would be more 'basic' and less time consuming, both are still a commitment. If you feel comfortable enough with writing up the assignments I would definitely go with the Level 5 as it sounds like the content would be more suited to your current role.

Good luck!