HRM Masters Final Project - struggling to find an organisation

Good afternoon,

I will soon be starting to work on my final project for my HRM course with a CIPD qualification. I asked my organisation if I can negotiate an access to collect the data, but they refused. I do not have an alternative. I thought about collecting the data from working female students at university; however, I am not entirely sure if I can do that if I want to receive a CIPD qualification, as it is required to conduct the research in an organisation. I would appreciate any information you could give me.

• Welcome to the communities.

Your university or course provider really are in best place to answer your question. They will have to sign off your research and ultimately mark it.

But there is no reason I am aware of that would prevent the route you are suggesting being an acceptable project
  • I'm currently supervising projects of this nature for MSc students. The requirement is for the project to investigate an HR related business issue and make recommendations.
    Why did your employer turn your suggestions down? Could you find another issue that would be of interest to them so they could support your research?
    If not do you have any contacts in other organisations that might be willing to help you conduct a project for them?
  • On my MA course, people who did not have access to an organisation data set were advised to contact charities and ask if they could provide some data, in return for a business case that they could then use. A bit like having a consultant work for them and allow them to have the recommendations following the research process. It would give you a good level of ethical considerations to write up about.