Home Course for CIPD Level 5 Diploma in HRM

I am struggling to get started on this course, which unusual for me, I am thinking I am probably out of my depth.  Could anyone suggest any additional reading preferably blogs I could listen to on my way into work, the CIPD ones don't really cover my course.  Any recommendations of books or anyone that has completed this online could suggest anything to help motivate me, I would be extremely grateful.

I have been a senior manager with HR experience for some 20 years they recommended this level because of my experience, I think my self-esteem has hit a low and I need to give myself a kick :-)

thanks 

• Have you received a reading list from your Course provider? I completed my Level 5 earlier in the year (via mixed mode/work based/distance learning) and the reading lists provided included the Core text books which are a good starting point which enables you to go onto further more in depth reading.
    For Level 5 they are divided into books for Core and optional modules (in my opinion would have been better to put them in 1 larger book as I only had the Core one which wasn't very big for the money!)
    The CIPD student area is useful for referencing guides and access to journals etc.
    It sounds like you have the experience behind , it's just more of a challenge for you getting into study mode and what is expected for written assignments etc.
    Even though I have considerable HR experience and have studied CIPD Levels 4 and 5, it took a bit of getting used too at the start getting into what was expected etc. However it does get easier once you get to know the format etc.