Professional Map 4DEP Section 1 assignment

I have spent all day and provided various responses to the question and how it is to be answered.  None of them seems to go anywhere near what is required and all appear to be waffle.  I am somewhat defeated.  Is there anyone out there that can offer any guidance or open a discussion?  This is what is asked.

What are the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be effective in your HRM/D role? 

In answering the question you should refer to the CIPD Profession Map and cover at least three professional areas, two of which must be the key areas; strategies; insights and solutions, and managing the HR function.  You must refer to all eight behaviours.  Include a brief summary of your current role.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Melanie

• Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

5 Apr, 2018 11:33

Hi Melanie sorry to hear this assignment question is causing you brain ache! Here's a link to the map if anyone else wants a quick look before giving you some advice on this one: www.cipd.co.uk/.../default.html
  • In reply to Johanna:

Thank you, I have studied this and ended up so confused. Today I spoke with a tutor and beleive I have written what was required. Fingers crossed as I am about to submit. Thanks again :)
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

6 Apr, 2018 10:43

In reply to Melanie:

Glad to hear your tutor was able to reassure you :) We're also doing some work on our Profession Map so look out for improvements and updates later in 2018.
  • In reply to Johanna:

Hi Johanna,

I am currently studying 5DVP and my tutor has said that Peter Cheese announced a review of the map back in 2017. I can't find mention of this on any journals or on the CIPD website. Would you be able to point me in the right direction of information about the review? Is the Profession Standards Framework replacing the map?

Many thanks,

Rebecca
  • Johanna

| 0 Posts

CIPD Staff

21 Oct, 2018 20:49

In reply to Rebecca:

Hi Rebecca, the new Profession Map launches around 12 Nov. It’s looking great and will really demonstrate the impact of people professionals in an organisation. We’ll definitely signpost it from this community once it goes live.