L3 vs L5 help

Hi

I have the opportunity to undertake a CIPD qualification but I am unsure which level to go for. 

I am based in a school and have a varied role including managing the recruitment and on-boarding process for non-teaching staff, monitoring and organising training, first point of contact for HR related queries and general HR admin tasks. We do not have a formal HR department (myself and my line manager) and I know this is something I could (and would like) to develop over time.

As I will only have this one opportunity to undertake the qualification I want to ensure I make the right decision on the level.   I have been in this role for 9 years and previously to that worked in recruitment for 14 years. 

I think level 3 will consolidate my current knowledge and level 5 will challenge me beyond what I am currently involved in. I don't want to under acheive or over challenge myself!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you

• With 23 years experience and just this one shot I would go for Level 5. Generally I advise people to lay the foundations well with L3 but I think you have probably more than done that with the experience you have.

If you are concerned about the level of study then ask a course provider if you can see some of the material or talk over the demands.