Graduates - using career or personality assessments

Just have some food for thought as well as some questions from you. I work a lot with fresh graduates and students and use multiple assessments for employability.

In some cases I also use career assessments (based on Holland Codes) to help the students determine the best career fit based on their interests. This is a good starting point for discussion.

I wish to know how many of you would rather use a career assessment (which tells you which career can be suitable for you) or a personality assessment (to develop your competence and personality in the career you are already in, it does not provide you any list of careers)

• I am extensively working on developing the employability skills of students and fresh graduates using assessments using Big Five tools designed for this purpose and already being used by some very good universities. I want to see your feedback on if you are using them for fresh entrants in to your organization to help shorten the learning curve once they join?

I would like to discuss it and as part of my work would like to run a few assessments and seek managers' feedback.

• I am rigorously working on developing the critical behaviors and  skills of students and fresh graduates using assessments using Big Five tools designed for this purpose and already being used by some very good universities. I want to see your feedback on if you are using them for fresh entrants in to your organization to help shorten the learning curve once they join?

I want your views on if you are using such assessments and as part of my work would like to run a few assessments and seek  feedback.

• Steve Bridger

| 0 Posts

Community Manager

7 Sep, 2018 13:24

Hi Manzar... You've posted three times asking very similar or related questions. I'm going to 'merge' these into one thread, which I think makes more sense.