Advanced award in Resourcing and Talent Management

Hi All 

I have recently started a role as Resourcing Manager in a small HR team. I am looking to take a further qualification to increase my understanding of Talent Management and wondered if this would be the right course for me. 

I have already studied Level 5 and would be looking to do an advanced Level 7 qualification. 

It would be helpful to get feedback from those who have already taken this course and understand what they gained from it. 

Thanks

Harriet 

• Hi Harriet,

A Level 5 course is equivalent to a foundation degree, a Level 7 is equivalent to a master’s degree. As such, a 5 will give you a broad but shallower understanding of the subject whereas a 7 is a much deeper understanding of a narrower area of the subject.

Which to do depends on what you want from the job. You don’t say what your level 5 is in. If it’s ‘general’ HR and you do a 7 in talent management you might find it difficult to later move into another HR area as the 7 would be of limited use. If you do another 5 in a different area it will compliment the one you already have.

Horses for courses! Good luck.